Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Safety and Security Manager Supervises the day-to-day operations of the Safety and Security Department to provide maximum safety and security for students, staff, center property and the surrounding community. Serves as the center's designated safety and occupational health officer
1. Establishes and communicates safety, security and fire prevention policies with pertinent center and Department of Labor regulations to students and staff
2. Contacts students who have been arrested and has necessary forms signed. Makes arrangements for fine and/or bail payment. Reports student incidents to the Academy Director
3. Serves as the center's representative and maintains effective liaison with law enforcement agencies in the community
4. Formulates and directs the maintenance of appropriate operations records covering such matters as:
1. Theft of Government or private property
2. Arrests of students by local law enforcement agencies
3. Violations of Federal or State laws occurring on the center property
4. Incident reports covering infractions of law or violations of center property
5. Retention of evidence obtained during investigations
6. Employees upon whom background or national agency checks have been requested
7. Fire inspections
8. Vehicle registration
9. Reports and investigations of vehicular accidents that occur on Job Corps property
10. Building inspections for security, safety, or fire hazards
11. Reports to Academy Standards and Incentive Officer on investigations concerning students
5. Responsible for monitoring all center facilities to insure compliance with OSHA standards
Miniumum: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three years broad-based civilian, military security or fire prevention and safety experience, one of which was in a supervisory capacity.
Preferred: Master's degree preferred.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers