QR Code Link to This Post
Responsible for applying advanced principles of packaging technology and engineering in the independent initiation and execution of technical packaging designs for drug products. Development of packaging material specifications to complete packaging projects which are defined requiring limited supervision, as well as executing Packaging Development related tasks required to support on-going plant operations
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT:
• Represents the Packaging Development department on new product teams and prepares CMC documentation for NDA and ANDA product submissions.
• Coordinates, as a project leader, Packaging Development projects, which have an impact on corporate sales and profits.
• Develops, prepares, implements and maintains packaging material specifications which communicate product packaging to company production support departments, providing the basis for the purchasing and planning of packaging materials.
• Consults with and provides technical assistance to Product Development, Marketing, Manufacturing, Materials Management, Quality Assurance, Purchasing and other functional groups as required.
• Initiates and conducts cost reduction studies to reduce package material cost or effect package changes that result in higher production line speeds, greater efficiency, less waste and reduction in labor requirements.
• Corresponds closely with Regulatory Affairs to assure that all packaging currently used, and packaging to be introduced, meets all FDA requirements.
• Additional projects and tasks as assigned.
All employees are responsible for:
a) Protecting the environment
b) Preventing pollution
c) Complying with applicable requirements as identified in the policy statements
d) Promoting sustainable practices
e) Working in accordance with the documented environmental procedures and policies, specific responsibilities defined
f) Reporting problems or deviations associated with environmental issues and the EMS to the EMR
0 -1 years of related experience, including Co-op experience, and a four-year college degree (B.S. in Packaging Engineering is preferred) are required. Must have technical packaging technology knowledge relating to materials, equipment, design and material specifications writing experience as well as good technical writing and verbal communication skills, good negotiation skills and the ability to perform competent project management. Computer expertise in application programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, relational databases, project management and power point are required.
PLEASE APPLY AT; www.fresenius-kabi.us/career.html