If you are a dynamic, self-motivated leader with demonstrated experience in the property management industry looking to pursue a challenging and rewarding career, the Regional Property Manager position with our Company could be the opportunity you've been waiting for!
THE ROLE -
In this multifaceted role you'll serve as a mentor and trainer to your team, execute marketing and advertising campaigns, and utilize selection and retention strategies to maintain 100% occupancy and ensure all aspects of the portfolio are performing at optimum levels. You'll be expected to bring your business knowledge, entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovation and performance when performing the tasks below:
* Demonstrate a positive, professional, and client-oriented attitude about the company and with coworkers, tenants, clients, and the public whether contact is by mail, email, telephone, or in person. Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet client's expectations.
* Act as primary coordinator to assure that our efforts fully meet and exceed contractual property management obligations. Direct the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, tenant relations, landscaping, and snow removal.
* Inspect grounds, models and leasing office for eye appeal and marketability. Continuous vigilance of property in consideration of issues affecting curb appeal and safety (weekly visits).
* Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to company and owner standards, including allocating expenses to appropriate accounts. Develop a network of emergency services and on-call coverage to be available for 24 hour/weekend coverage as required. Supervise Community Managers, Superintendents, and on-site maintenance staff (smaller properties). Develop specifications and continually evaluate service needs and performance in all areas of maintenance and management. Forecast and manage replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC system, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, etc.
* Administer leases on each project including promptly synopsizing new leases, reviewing all tenant billings, analyzing lease clauses, preparation of vacancy reports, enforcing tenant compliance and performing landlord obligations. Identify leasing prospects and occasionally respond to routine leasing inquiries. Interface with leasing representatives/brokers and assist to assure spaces are leased/re-leased promptly. Sign leases on behalf of owner (real estate sales license).
* Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants and the owner's policy on accounts receivable. Collect delinquent accounts promptly. Communicate with accounting department to ensure accuracy of rent roll and accounts receivable. Routine review with managers and/or bookkeepers on collections; coordinate turnover activity before month end.
* Analyze monthly financial statements including operating variances from budget, cash management and strategies for collection of receivables. Verify CAM cost documentation and prepare information sheets detailing annual estimated CAM cost and previous three year actual CAM costs (commercial properties).
* Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns. Weekly review of status on maintenance work orders.
* Liaison with other disciplines/departments within (the company) to provide a team approach to the management of real estate. Coordinate the activities not directly controlled by the manager but directly related to each property, i.e.: insurance monitoring, leasing, marketing and promotions, capital improvements, accounting/financial reporting and legal services.
* Develop operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets which reflect the owner's objectives for operating the property, cash flow requirements and leasing strategy. Further accountability includes administration of budgets, operational review and analysis of corrective action as needed. Recommend and implement programs which contribute to profitability, coordinate annual review of all suppliers/services.
* Maintain complete and accurate property files and records with an emphasis on documentation for future reference. Coordinate with headquarters support staff on management company procedures for processing and distributing information. Provide prompt, detailed and accurate general status reports on all properties assigned.
* Bid work for tenant improvement. Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances. At all times keep the space in condition to show, inspect models weekly.
* Motivate, coach, counsel & mentor - establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments, with coworkers, and particularly with other members of a project team. Prepare for team meetings, in advance, and act as chairperson for the meeting.
* Attend and participate in sales, customer service, and other training programs to maintain personal skill level.
* Keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management. Travel as assigned.
* Continuously evaluate processes, procedures, suppliers, etc in consideration of more efficiency and reduced cost of property's operations.
*Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Proactive, organized professionals with a team-player state of mind and passion to exceed expectations will thrive in this leadership role.
THE BASICS -
• Experience managing a portfolio of at least 4-6 properties or greater is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage innovative marketing and advertising campaigns, conduct and facilitate leasing sales and to create and make presentations to managers, clients/owners, and on-site team members.
• Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management software
• Knowledge of apartment operations, fair housing laws, and industry-related marketing concepts and terms in order to read, interpret, and apply market information to understand its impact on occupancy, traffic, retention, pricing, and revenue.
• Prior supervisory experience in a management position, which includes annual budget processing, and accounting.
• Ability to lead staff to meet job duties and expectations, as well as individual goals / expectations
• Ensures that the portfolio and individual communities meet the established operational, financial, and business performance goals.
• Ability to travel (within 90 mile radius)
WHAT WE OFFER -
We offer competitive pay and benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays, vacation, PTO and many more
THE NEXT STEP -
We look forward to getting to you know you through our application process. To move on to the next step, respond with your resume AND include your salary requirements. All offers for employment are contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug test, driver record / criminal background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers